The company began in 1954 with just five employees in a factory located in Almansa, Spain, on the ground floor of a house. In 1956, Sebastian Blanco partnered with Antonio Garcia Pastor and Blanco Y Garcia S.L. was born. The company's products were registered under a new brand, Blangar. In 1989, the third generation of the Blanco family began to take its place at the head of the company. Miguel was the first member of this generation to join the family business. He was soon followed by Sebastian, Pascual, Luis, Rocio and Julio.
The video below (The Sounds of Shoemaking) was published by Magnanni in 2016